Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Author interview with KT Grant



Welcome KT! Please start off by telling us a little about yourself.
KT: My name is KT Grant and I write LGBT and straight romance that varies from contemporary to historical and paranormal, including erotic and chick-lit. I’ve been published since 2010 and currently have 24 published works.

Is Island Pleasures a single title, or part of a series?
KT: Island Pleasures is a sequel to A Bid For Love, the first book was released in February 2012. It’s part of Decadent Publishing’s 1 Night Stand series line. The heroine of Island Pleasures appeared in A Bid for Love and made such a mark that I had to write her own 1Night Stand story.

What were your inspirations for the story?
KT: I’ve always wanted to write a story in some erotic location and thought a Caribbean island would be the perfect setting. I also wanted to see if I could write a believable story where the heroine is romanced by two men and ends up sharing a night with both of them together.

Please share your setting for Island Pleasures. Have you ever lived or visited there? If so, what did you like most?   
KT: The setting of Island Pleasures is Grand Turk. I’ve been to the Caribbean a few times but never Grand Turk. After researching the island, I just had to write this story on Grand Turk. The Caribbean is a great place for romance and love. You can’t beat those sandy white beaches and that clear blue ocean.

When did the writing bug first bite?
KT: I’ve loved to write ever since I learned to pick up a pen. I started writing more in high school and would write poems and short stories. Eventually I ended up writing much longer stories and after gaining the confidence I started submitting to publishers to see if any would be interested in publishing my books.

Who are you favorite authors, book/series?
KT: My author idol is Stephen King and The Stand is my favorite book of all time. I’m a total J.R. Ward addict and can’t get enough of her Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I also enjoy Nalini Singh, Meljean Brook, and I’m a total fan girl of Tiffany Reisz’s Original Sinners series.

What is your most favorite childhood memory?
KT: One of my favorite childhood memories involved my younger sister who’s 4 years younger than I am. We used to play with our Barbie dolls for hours on the weekends and during the summer. My favorite times where when we would take out Barbie house, hotub, car and dolls and go into our backyard and play pool party.

Do you have any hobbies or special things you like to do in your spear time?
KT: I love to read whenever I get the chance and love to exercise and take cycling and kickboxing and any other classes that can get me into shape. I’m also a big fan of Twitter. I guess you could say I’m a Twitter addict.

Boxers, brief or commando?
KT: I’m a sucker for a man who wears boxer briefs, as in Calvin Kleins.

Favorite eye color?
KT: Brown eyes (Maybe because I have brown eyes?)

What's the strangest thing you've heard or seen?  
KT: I find those little yellow minions from the Despicable Me movies hilarious, especially the one eyed ones. Also their voices crack me up.

Island Pleasures by
 KT Grant

Carly Kimball, columnist for the popular magazine Chit-Chat Weekly, is going undercover reveal the truth behind Madame Evangeline and 1Night Stand. She’ll infiltrate the Grand Turk Castillo hotel and resort for her tell-all article. But Carly is in for an even bigger shock when she comes in contact with a man from her past, Quinn Alfasi, who she shared one passionate night with back in college. Quinn never thought he’d see Carly again, and now six years later she’s come back into his life. He’ll do whatever he has to in order to expose her as a liar and a fraud. But then his best friend Woody shows an interest. Quinn won’t allow her to fall for Woody’s charms even if he has to team up with his Lothario best friend to claim Carly as his own


About the author:

KT Grant is a self-proclaimed eccentric redhead who not only loves to read a wide variety of romances, but also loves writing it. Under her alter-ego, she is a well-known book reviewer and blogger who doesn't shy away from voicing her opinion. A proud native of New Jersey, KT is multi-published and known for writing "out of the box" romances. KT has been mentioned in the Guardian.UK, Publisher's Weekly's Beyond the Book and at Bookseller.com. KT is a top ten best-selling author at Amazon, as well as being a multiple All Romance Ebooks best seller and a Night Owl Reviews Top Author Pick.


No comments:

Post a Comment