Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The difference between men and women by Cassandra Carr

No, I'm not talking about the presence of male appendages and female hoo-has. I'm talking about the difference between writing a man and a woman and then in writing two men in erotic romance.

As anyone who's ever read my books can tell you, I love my heroes. They often take over the page or even the whole story. So it made sense I'd love writing two guys, correct? You're right, I did. There's something to be said for two guys who just go at each other, none of this silly "talking" stuff. ;-)

Men have a whole different way of approaching romance. It's more straightforward, in my opinion. There are no "you forgot the anniversary of our first kiss, you bastard!" or "guess why I'm mad at you" things to deal with. If a man is mad, you'll usually know why. Even if they have insecurities, and geez do men EVER have insecurities - they usually won't let them dictate where the relationship goes. If they see it and they want it, they got for it and worry about the consequences later.

Oh, and what could be sexier about a man slamming another man into the wall and kissing him so hard their lips actually get bruised? Or one that holds the other's butt so tight he leaves handprints?

Man, I'm getting hot just thinking about it. Good thing I'll be writing another m/m story soon! It's not a sequel to See the Light, but it's in the same general world, and the aftermath of Jason and Patrick will play a role in how our new heroes navigate the stormy waters of modern gay life.

So what do you think the biggest or the sexiest difference between a man and a woman or two men is? Tell me in the comments section!


See the Light

Hockey player Jason Monroe lives a double life—star defenseman and soon-to-be Olympian on the ice and closeted gay man outside the rink. A serious relationship is out of the question, and Jason makes do with anonymous sex in barroom bathrooms, not willing to take the chance on coming out as gay in a decidedly macho sport.

Advisor to the US Olympic hockey team Patrick Parker knows a thing or two about being a professional hockey player who’s not out. He’s fifteen years older than Jason, and when he senses the sexy younger man is interested, he knows he shouldn’t give in to the attraction.

The two men can’t keep their hands off each other, though, and with each heated encounter it gets harder to hide their relationship. When their world blows up around them, forcing them into the limelight, though, will their love survive or be put on ice?


Buy Links: 



About the Author:

Cassandra Carr lives in Western New York with her husband, Inspiration, and her daughter, Too Cute for Words. When not writing she enjoys watching hockey and hanging out on the computer. She has won numerous awards for her writing and had one of her books cited as a Top Pick/Recommended Read by over a dozen review sites.

For more information about Cassandra, check out her website at http://www.booksbycassandracarr.com, "like" her Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/AuthorCassandraCarr or follow her on Twitter athttp://www.twitter.com/Cassandra_Carr.

4 comments:

  1. I got hot just reading your description of a guy slamming another against the wall. I find myself starting to like the M/M books more and more. I am not sure why exactly.

    I have read See the Light and it was an awesome story and I look forward to read what Cassandra comes up with next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette! It's true though, isn't it? So hot to think of them not feeling like they have to temper their strength. They can just go at it. YUM

      Delete
    2. OH MY!!!! HOT!!!! I'm still really partial to a M/F story, but LOVE a good M/M story. Not all authors can pull it off though. However, I don't think there is a Cassandra Carr book out there that I don't love. Doesn't matter if it's M/F or M/M. Annette is right, just the thought of a man slamming another man against the wall and bruising his lips is just HOT!!!!
      You keep writin em Cassandra and I'll keep readin em=)

      Delete
    3. Oh thank you so much Rhonda! I truly appreciate it! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete