Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Author Interview with Kelli Scott



Welcome Kelli Scott! Please start off by telling us a little about yourself.
Left for dead in an enchanted forest, I was raised by wolves, which explains my thick coat of fur and keen night vision. As an adolescent, I was exiled from the pack due to my love of well-done steak smothered in ketchup (my penchant for blackened beef has also caused my ejection from several fine eateries). On my own, I roamed the streets, eating from dumpsters and sleeping in abandoned dog houses. Cold, starving and destitute, I turned to the oldest profession—writing. Since my fall from grace, I have penned several smutty stories for which I’ve received many accolades. And despite my limited vocabulary, inability to punctuate properly and my well-documented spelling disability, I’ve collected a few awards (some of them for my writing). But what I want most in the world is to return to the enchanted forest and my pack. As soon as I figure out north from south and east from west, I will do just that.


Is Eternally Yours a single title, or part of a series?
Eternally Yours is a standalone short story in Decadent Publishing’s The Edge series. Short, hot erotica a reader can consume during their work commute, while on a lunch break or as a naughty bedtime story. There is a lot of biting and sucking and licking going on.

What were your inspirations for the story?
I’ve always wanted to write a vampire story. So I did. I usually write comedy, but ventured into the dark side with Eternally Yours.

 When did the writing bug first bite?
About 8 years ago, but it seems like yesterday. I started writing a story in a journal. With a pen. Which was how I began many manuscripts in the early days. I have since transitioned into beginning my stories on my laptop—a time saver.

Who are you favorite authors, book/series?
I’m having a hard time writing a series because I don’t really read series. I’ve read most of the Stephanie Plum mysteries by Janet Evanovich. I’ve read a few Sue Grafton mysteries. I did read Nora Roberts Sign of Seven trilogy.  

What is your most favorite childhood memory?
Probably Christmas mornings. Christmas is so magical.

Do you have any hobbies or special things you like to do in your spare time?
If I’m not working or reading, I’m writing. Sometimes I drag myself out of the house to a movie. Hobbies I used to have before I began writing were quilting, embroidery and gardening. I like to watch a little TV. The Walking Dead. Dancing With The Stars. Justified. True Blood. Okay, I like to watch a lot of TV.

Boxers, brief or commando?
I really like boxers. Most of my heroes wear boxers or boxer briefs.

Favorite eye color?
I can’t decide. I like the tall, dark and handsome hero…so mostly dark eyes, but I sometimes throw a blue-eyed hero in the mix. I love a dark, mysterious man with intense blue eyes.

What's the strangest thing you've heard or seen?  
Bigfoot. No, I’ve never actually seen or heard bigfoot.

Eternally Yours
Kelli Scott

Years after Luke’s sweetheart was ripped from his arms on prom night, Meri’s loss still haunts him. Searching for her everywhere, he finds her only in his dreams and on the pages of a dark comic book he created in her image. But on the anniversary of her disappearance, she shows up on his doorstep without having aged a day. What can he do but invite her in?

Meri’s nights are all about surviving alone on the dark, seedy side of life. Once a year she treats herself to a night of tasty passion with her one true love. Is this the year to seal the deal and make their love eternal, or will she walk away to become just another fantasy?


Excerpt:

A chill ran the length of his spine in spite of the warm air swirling around him. The dark, grainy picture looked overexposed where other areas seemed underexposed. But the resemblance to Meri appeared unmistakable. Her translucent skin against the dark background leapt off the screen. Her eerie red eyes, caused by a flash photo at night, haunted him, preying on what little hope remained after year upon year of heartache and disappointment. Touching the screen, he traced her features with his index finger.

Gooseflesh rose on his arms seconds before the doorbell sounded. The buzz jolted him to his senses. Anyone who knew him—really knew him—would leave him alone tonight.

Crossing the room, he opened the door, preparing to give someone a piece of his mind. Freezing instead, his extremities tingled but everything else numbed. Including his brain. Especially his mouth.

“Invite me in before you faint.”

“Meri?” Her whispered name on his lips barely registered due to his pounding heart.

“Luke.” Her tone mocked him. She peeked around the door and held out a bouquet of blood red roses like the ones he’d given her for Valentine’s Day way back in the day. “I guess we know who we both are.” Her eyebrows arched up. “Invite. Me. In.”

“I….” Teetering on wobbly legs, he staggered backward a few steps. Spots danced in his peripheral vision and a flash of heat swept through his trembling body.

“Don’t you dare pass out, Luke.” Her blurry finger waved as blackness closed in. “Invite me in, damn it! Can I come in, please?”

“Yes.”

“That’ll have to do.”


No comments:

Post a Comment