Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Author interview with Dilys J Carnie



Welcome Dilys Please start off by telling us a little about yourself.
I’m just an everyday kinda girl I live on the Island of Anglesey in Wales U.K. I have two grown up children who still live at home…I think that’s because neither of them knows how to cook or how to use the washing machine!
I am an avid health freak, a vegetarian who is manic about working out in the gym and doing Pilates classes. I love clothes, makeup, having my nails and hair done. I’m just a girl’s girl. I live in a small Welsh cottage that is over a hundred years old, its draughty, cold and very small but I have been here for twenty-five years so I guess it can’t be that bad.


Is ‘Her Passionate Protector’ a single title, or part of a series?
Yes this is a single title. However there is room to write about two other people in it.

What were your inspirations for the story?
My inspiration for this story was actually everyday life. Unfortunately violence against woman is more prevalent now than it’s ever been. The great thing about being a writer is that I can give my heroin a happy ending which in life doesn’t always happen.

Please share your setting for (Book name). Have you ever lived or visited there? If so, what did you like most?   
The setting for this book is Chester UK and yes I have been there many times. It is famous for its canals and its walls which surround the whole town. The story ends up in New York which I haven’t visited as yet but it’s on my list of to do things…perhaps I will go in May when I visit my friend in North Carolina.

When did the writing bug first bite?
I have always liked to write even as a small child I would often be seen with a piece of paper and a pencil scribbling away. However seriously… about three years ago.

Who are you favorite authors, book/series?
Nora Roberts wins hands down, however I do like to read new authors.

What is your most favorite childhood memory?
Visiting with my grandparents, they had an orchard full of apples and pears and my granddad made me a swing from some rope and an old car tyre.

Do you have any hobbies or special things you like to do in your spear time?
I love Pilates and going to the gym. And going to North Carolina once a year to visit my friend of forty years.

Boxers, brief or commando?
Boxers

Favorite eye color?
Green

What's the strangest thing you've heard or seen?  
A tree with a face carved into it in Llansadwrn  not far from where I live.


Dilys J. Carnie

I’m just an everyday kinda girl and I have lived on the Island of Anglesey in North Wales for thirty nine years. I have two grown up children Emma is a teacher and Christopher is involved in the family commercial business. I have three sisters; two of them live close by as does my mum.

 I am an avid health freak, a vegetarian who is manic about working out in the gym and doing Pilates classes. I love clothes, makeup, having my nails and hair done. I’m just a girl’s girl.

If I am not in my office pounding the keys I’m sitting in my favourite chair reading on my new Kindle.

Author Links



Her Passionate Protector
By
Dilys J. Carnie
Erotic Romance
Secret Cravings Publishing
November 12, 2012

When Lucy meets Alex the owner of the new company her cleaning business has just picked up a contract for, her hard won self-preservation and quiet life flies out the window.
Smoldering heat ignites every time Alex comes near her.
He is confused by this independent, yet vulnerable woman and when her ex-husband returns, determined to hurt her, Alex fights for her life and their love.


Excerpt

“Give her time, Alex. She’s been through a lot.” The pressure of his friend’s hand was reassuring on his shoulder and he just nodded. It would take more than time. It was going to be one hell of an uphill battle.
At that point, Jack came wandering into the kitchen, rubbing himself around Alex’s legs.
“And what do you want, little one?” Alex picked up the cat, its purring hum showing he had settled down quite easily.
“Do you want some cream, buddy?” He poured some into a saucer and put it down, watching as the cat lapped greedily.
“Let’s take the coffee out now.” Alex picked up the try and followed Simon.
After they went out on to the balcony, and he set the tray of cups and coffee on the table, Nic got up from where she had been sitting with Lucy on the wicker sofa and put her arms around Simon.
Alex looked over at Lucy, her body hunched, the pain and sadness evident in her chocolate brown eyes.

More excerpts can be found at Dilys WattPad

Buy Links

  

No comments:

Post a Comment