Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Author Interview with Cassandra Car


Welcome Cassandra! Please start off by telling us a little about yourself.

Sure! I’m a multi-award-winning erotic romance author. I’ve published twenty works from short story to novel length, with more coming!

Is Fondled and Gobbled: Someone Had to Do It a single title, or part of a series?

It’s an erotic spoof series. Someone Had to Do It is the first volume. The second, Going Back for Seconds, has also released, with three more volumes coming.

What were your inspirations for the story?

Oh man, there were so many! We each had a unique idea of what we wanted to spoof. Some spoofed a genre they actually write in, some spoofs ridiculous things like the dude in his late 40’s who has the sexual prowess of a sixteen-year-old, or the many men/one woman ménage setup. Erotic romance (or any type of romance, erotic or not, really) is rife with things to spoof.

Please share your setting for Fondled and Gobbled: Someone Had to Do It. Have you ever lived or visited there? If so, what did you like most?   

No. It takes place in Seattle, since I spoof Fifty Shades of Grey. Never been, but would love to explore the Pacific Northwest someday.

When did the writing bug first bite?

I was writing hockey fanfic, and my mom, who’s also a writer (Cynthia Racette) suggested I fictionalize the fanfic (I was using real players etc) and send it to some publishers. I did and got great interest right out of the gate, which was very encouraging. Ultimately, that story didn’t sell, but after EXTENSIVE re-writes, a small press I work with, Twenty or Less Press, will be releasing it in a few weeks. Yay!

Do you have any hobbies or special things you like to do in your spare time?

I read and watch hockey. Boring, but that’s me. ;-)

Boxers, brief or commando?

Heh. Boxer briefs! I’m also liking the boy shorts on actual boys (well, men) lately.

Favorite eye color?

I’m a sucker for blue eyes, but really, almost any color can be awesome. It’s what you can see in those eyes that makes a guy sexy.

What’s coming next for you?

Well, that novel I referenced above – the one that was originally fanfic – will release in a few weeks. Another volume of Fondled and Gobbled will release within the next few months. Other than that, there’ll be a bit of a lull. I actually need to complete something before I can sell it, and that’s what I’m doing now. Writing, writing, writing. I just completed the first draft on a book that promises to be my longest ever.

I’ll be at RT, so anyone reading this – come find me! I just might have a special treat if you do. I’m also a speaker on a panel with the lovely ladies Tara Lain and Daisy Harris called Sell Fast, Sell Often. You’ll find me in the bar (it’s a totally legit place to network at a conference!) or at both book signings.

How do we learn more about you?



Fondled and Gobbled Vol 1: Someone Had to Do It

A series of erotic spoofs:
The perfect man—with the imperfect cock and oral skills. The Dom who isn’t a dom, and the man who proves it to him. The alien with dessert-flavored semen and three cocks. The older man (a kajillionaire with a penthouse in Seattle…) who has limitless ability to come all night with his naïve little virgin. A woman on a diet who craves a feast of meat and finds herself five Broadshaft Brothers who can deliver.
If you’re looking for the perfect romance with the perfect hero and heroine, this isn’t it! This is a series of spoofs, parodies, just-for-fun lighthearted take-offs. It’s for all us longtime, hard-core romance readers who can laugh at the clichés, purple prose and “suspend your disbelief” plot devices that haunt our beloved favorite genre.

1 comment: