Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Series Spotlight: Sons of Navarus by Gabrielle Bisset


Thanks for having me here today at Books Amour! As a PNR/UF author, I spend a lot of time with paranormal Alpha heroes, eight of them to be exact in my Sons of Navarus series. You know, someone's got to do it, right?

Here's the series blurb for a taste of these eight heroes and their story:

Eight vampire warriors descended from the gods and chosen to defend their world against the Archon takeover, each dedicated to the war they must win. But there's another side to these Sons of Navarus—one that only the women they love know. Behind the strength they need to defeat their enemies lies a passion different in each one of the Sons. Their war will take them around the world and even involve the gods themselves, but they must unlock the secrets of the Prophecy of Idolas to defeat the Archons or perish in trying for none of their kind can be safe if the Archons win this battle.

The eight Sons are Vasilije, Saint, Terek, Ramiel, Thane, Sion, Dante, and Nico.

I'm often asked how I'm able to make each Son sound so different from the others. I admit, it takes work, especially when I'm writing a scene in which more than one or two are around. Each Son's book has a distinctive feel that's all the hero's. For example, Blood Avenged is Vasilije's book, so it's pure sensuality and hedonism, just as he is. Blood Betrayed, however, is Saint's book, so it is darker and the story feels more tortured because that's the kind of vampire Saint is. For the third book, Blood Spirit, I had to stretch my writing abilities because the hero, Terek, is unlike any other hero I've ever written. He's very seductive but mystical and spiritual. In addition, that book has a number of scenes in which half of the Sons are together, so it was important I made each one distinct. There's nothing worse than reading a book with a number of characters and they all sound the same.

One of the most important things I do to differentiate between characters is use dialogue. Vasilije usually sounds very sensual and has a unique set of words he tends to use around females, so it's easy to know he's speaking. Saint tends to curse a lot more than most of the others (except Ramiel, as readers will see when his book, Blood Prophecy, comes out this spring), while Terek rarely curses and tends to speak in calmer, more reflective tones. Dante, the youngest Son, is very cocky, so he's easily distinguishable through his boasting, while Nico, the oldest Son, usually sounds wiser than the others. And Thane, the noble Son, is kind when he speaks, for the most part, while Sion, whose nickname is Iceman, is very reserved in his speech.

Writing eight hot Alpha heroes can be quite hard work, but I can't think of a better job in the world! Thanks again for having me here at Books Amour today. For more information on the Sons of Navarus series, readers can visit my website at www.gabriellebisset.com for excerpts, buy links, character profiles, swag (romance trading cards), and free desktop wallpapers to bring those delicious Sons to your computer. And look for Blood Prophecy coming soon!

Series Order:
Vampire Dreams Revamped (Sons of Navarus Prequel)
Blood Avenged (Sons of Navarus #1)
Blood Betrayed (Sons of Navarus #2)
Longing (A Sons of Navarus Short Story)
Blood Spirit (Sons of Navarus #3)
The Deepest Cut (A Sons of Navarus Short Story)
Blood Prophecy (Sons of Navarus #4) COMING THIS SPRING!








13 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sons of Navarus and cannot wait for Ramiel's story. So now I have to go back and taste Vasilje, Saint (Declan) and Terek again. I can read them over and over and not get enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori! I think you're going to love Blood Prophecy. :)

      Delete
  3. I look forward to each of the Sons books to come. Every book has been very unique and yet united in the same story...I love that!

    Sons of Navarus has been undeniably one of the best vampire series I have read (and there's more to come!)

    I applaud Gabrelle Bisset for the phenomenal vampire world and characters she has created in this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lois! It means a lot to me that readers fall in love with the Sons and series like I have. :)

      Delete
  4. I personally could tell who is who when reading even if their name wasn't there. Your characters are unique and unforgettable. It's simply amazing! I can't wait for the next book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! To know that readers see them as unique and well-written means so much to me. :)

      Delete
  5. i love this series. They are by far one of the best vampire books i have read, each with a very unique personality and background,but they come together for the greater good i love that about them, i can't wait to see what ramiel is all about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margie! You're going to love Ramiel. :)

      Delete
  6. Really enjoy reading this exciting series, with marvellous places i like to visit, to the heroines, who are worthy of the Sons love. Terek is my absolute favorite he could speak to me all the time. getting excited to see what Gabrielle has done with Ramiel and what going on in the story with the dreaded archons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Julie! It's just a little ways away now...

      Delete
  7. I love this series and you do an amazing job of making each character have their own unique personality! There are some books that I have read that during back and forth dialogue, it can get a little confusing as to who is actually speaking, but I can honestly say that up to this point I have not ran into that with your books!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the series. I can not wait to see more of Thane, but I am patiently waiting for him. I am sure I will love Ramiel's story as much as the previous ones.

    ReplyDelete