Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Interview with Nicole Austin



Welcome Nicole! Please start off by telling us a little about yourself.

Hi! I am the very definition of contradiction, a vampy (grave shift worker) chick from sunny Florida. I write strong, feisty heroines and love to see just how far I can push all those pesky boundaries. Writing is my love, not a job. In my “real” job (aka pay the bills job) I am a CAT Scan Tech/Shift Supervisor.

Is Sugar Girl a single title, or part of a series? Sugar Girl is a standalone book in the Naughty Sleepover series, written with the Sassy Seven Authors—Allie Standier, Brenna Zinn, Cerise Deland, Desiree Holt, Regina Carlysle and Samantha Cayto.

Candy and Jeremiah were childhood friends—the geeky smart girl and the rugged sports hero/singer. Their differences kept them apart until finally, the twist and turns in their individual paths led them back together. Bungee jumping, making out on a Ferris wheel, an emotional spin beneath bright spotlights, Candy’s having the time of her life. Add in a bit of paranormal matchmaking and you’ve got an erotic good time.

What were your inspirations for the story?

The seven of us enjoy getting together. Last year we visited the historic Menger hotel in San Antonio and thought the hotel during rodeo time would be perfect for a naughty sleepover. We loved the hotel so much we decided to host our own reader weekend there. My story, Sugar Girl, was written in tribute to my beta reader, Candy Kamachi. I gave her the whirlwind, sweet and passionate love I’d always wished for her to have.

When did the writing bug first bite?
The stories were always running through my head and I talked about sitting down to write but never found the time until my kids were older and more independent. Once I started writing there was no stopping.

Who are you favorite authors, book/series?

There are so many I adore but I’d have to say my current favorite is J.R. Ward, specifically her Black Dagger Brotherhood series, because she evokes such strong emotions in me as a reader. Getting the reader invested in the story takes great skill. Many times I want to throw my iPad at the wall when she does something particularly evil my favorite characters. I get so wrapped up in the stories nothing else exists.


What is your most favorite childhood memory?

Bedtime. My mom would tuck me in and we’d read Dr. Seuss books. It was special girls only time for just the two of us without my brothers or father.

Do you have any hobbies or special things you like to do in your spare time?

Creating graphics helps me unwind and over the past few years I have begun designing websites, promotional materials and even book covers. The cover art for all 7 books in the Naughty Sleepover series are my work.

Boxers, brief or commando? Definitely commando!

Favorite eye color?

Blue, no particular shade, they are all mesmerizing.

What's the strangest thing you've heard or seen?

While conducting research I have seen some very bizarre things, most involving some of the more intense BDSMers or rather inventive toys. For my book, Trip My Switch, I discovered a device called a penis plug that is actually inserted into the urethra and like a cork, keeps the semen inside until the plug is removed. Yikes! As Bash, the stories hero would say, “There are some seriously sick people running around in the world unsupervised and with way too much spare time on their hands.



A guy walks into a bar…
And finds the sweet girl he shouldn’t have left behind.

While book smart Candy Dillon went to college and embarked on an engineering career, Jeremiah Lange became a rodeo champion and country music icon. Their differences have kept these childhood friends apart until finally, the twists and turns in their individual paths lead them right back where they belong.

All work and no play has Candy aching for a thrill. Jeremiah is the perfect man to help check a few things off her bucket list. From bungee jumping to making out on a Ferris wheel and an emotional spin beneath bright spotlights, Candy’s having the time of her life.

But in the harsh light of the morning after can she really hold on to a shooting star?


An Excerpt From: SUGAR GIRL
Copyright © NICOLE AUSTIN, 2012
All Rights Reserved, Decadent Publishing

Reaching out, he grasped the chair and swiveled it until she faced him. Candy tilted her head back, way back, her hungry gaze drinking him in. Unruly black hair had been tamed to silky waves above big blue eyes she’d gladly drown in. His face was rough-hewn with sharp angles, and a rugged beard shadow softened the intensity of his square jaw. He’d grown into that coltish boy’s body and then some. Broad chest, powerful arms roped with corded muscles, lean hips….
Calloused fingers grazed her cheek, drawing her focus back to his smiling eyes.
“Of all the gin joints….” he prompted, beginning a familiar greeting they’d shared a million times over while growing up.
She grinned up at him. “In all the towns, in all the world….”
“She walks into mine.” He finished the famous movie line, cupping her cheek, his thumb repeatedly gliding along her bottom lip. “I can’t believe it’s you. What are you doing here?”
“At the hotel? Guest speaker at a conference. In San Antonio? I moved back to be closer to my mom. Dad—”
Her voice choked up, unable to say the words. It had only been three months since her father’s fatal heart attack. The wounds were still raw.
Strong arms wrapped around her, pulling her in to that incredible body, one hand holding her head cushioned against a delicious chest she wanted to lick, the other rubbing soothing circles over her back. He smelled good—sandalwood and leather.
“I heard about your dad.” His voice rumbled through his chest and into her, Candy eagerly soaked in the delicious vibration. “I’m so sorry.”
In his arms, she felt safe and loved, never wanting to leave. All too soon, he broke the embrace and stepped back. “Come on, grab your drink. Let’s find a table and catch up.”
With a nod, she turned back to the bar, got another glass and a bottle of the chocolate wine nestled in an ice bucket from the crestfallen Luke. She gathered her belongings and followed Jeremiah to a small table at the back of the bar.
Once they’d settled into seats, she turned his question back on him. “So what are you doing here?”
“Had a bad injury last year and can’t compete on the circuit anymore. Got tired of constantly being on the road with the band.” He shrugged. “So here I am, spinning my wheels while I wait to close on a ranch in the Hill Country.”
She’d known about the injury. It had been all over the news. That damn ornery bull’s horn had come disturbingly close to gelding Jeremiah. But the band? She hadn’t heard about him leaving Branded.
“A ranch? Wow! I thought you never wanted to be tied to one place?”
“I grew up. Had to happen sooner or later.” Shifting his chair closer, he reached out and placed his hand over hers on the table that suddenly seemed a lot smaller. He made a blatant point of checking her out, head to toe, a lascivious smile curving his lips. “You’ve certainly grown up.”



No comments:

Post a Comment