Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Friday, February 8, 2013

Guest post with Sabrina Sol

Music to write to 

By Sabrina Sol 

Before I ever type a word, I will visualize the story in my head. Usually I picture the opening scene and the final scene and one or two of the more dramatic scenes. Characters, dialogue, props – they’re all there playing in my mind like a little movie. 

And just like the movies, my stories need their own soundtracks. 

I am one of those writers who NEED music playing in the background as I write the first draft. It has to be quiet for the editing process, but during the actual writing process having my iPod (with headphones) is just as important as having my laptop. 

Writing to music doesn’t just help muffle the chaos of my three-children-two-dogs-one-husband household, it puts me in the mood – the creative mood. 

For my current work in progress, the custom playlist is titled “Heartbreak.” I bet that gives you a hint as to what the story is about, right? Some songs include: “All I Have” by Jennifer Lopez; “Jar of Hearts” Glee version; “What Can I Say” by Carrie Underwood, featuring Sons of Sylvia; and “Just Give Me A Reason” by P!nk, featuring Nate Ruess. 

For my latest (and first) release, I created my very first writing playlist. In REUNITED, there are nods to the classic John Hughes’ movie “Sixteen Candles.” But rather than listen to the original soundtrack over and over again, I only included two of its songs: “True” by Spandau Ballet and “If You Were Here” by The Thompson Twins. The rest were a mix of 80s love songs and Adele’s “21” album. 

The result was an eclectic playlist that evoked bittersweet feelings of first love, passion and desire. 

In other words, the perfect soundtrack for a story about a woman who finally risks it all to have one night with the one man she’s always wanted.


Reunited
by Sabrina Sol


What would you do if you had the chance to sleep with your unrequited high school crush?

If you’re former geek Magdelena Cruz, you’d do him in a heartbeat. But you’d lie about your true identity first and hope your new sexy persona is enough to create a night neither of you will forget.

Workaholic assistant DA Will Hudson doesn’t have time for a love life. Expecting to scratch an itch with a willing stranger, he signs up for Madame Evangeline’s 1Night Stand experience. He has no idea that his date is no stranger.

A reunion between two classmates will be hotter than the scorching Las Vegas sun. But will the heat be enough to spark something deeper, or will they both end up getting burned by Magdelena’s charade?



Excerpt:

Standing in front of the door to the suite, she let the magnitude of the moment sink in. All logic and practicality fled. She’d left both back at home with her pocket protector and sensible shoes. The situation called for her to be impulsive, daring and confident.

If you are, then he will finally be yours….

She smoothed her dress, adjusted her bra, and blew into her hand for a breath check. Satisfied, she slid her key card into the slot and pushed the door open.

A blaring TV welcomed her. Not that she expected a violin serenade, but she hadn’t planned on competing with a basketball game for her date’s attention. She frowned.

“Pass the ball, you idiot!” Will shouted.

Tingling from head to toe at the sound of his voice, she released a slow breath.

It’s now or never, Magdelena.

“Hello?” she called.

The TV turned off instantly. A second later, he walked into her view.

Her throat tightened.

The years had been good to him. No, they’d been great to him. Although she’d seen pictures on the alumni website, they didn’t do him justice. Every visible inch of his body appeared chiseled from stone. A dark gray shirt and black slacks perfectly accentuated every muscle. He wore his dark hair shorter than she’d seen in the photos, but his blue eyes were more piercing than ever. He looked her over, settling on her cleavage and her nipples that had come to attention the minute she saw him. Then he raised his eyes to meet hers.

“Hello, Elena.” His deep voice lit her soul on fire.

He doesn’t recognize me. This plan might work after all.



About the Author:

Sabrina Sol loves love. She writes spicy romance stories featuring strong Latina heroines in search of love, success and happiness. She lives in Southern California with her husband, three kids and two Beagles. And she’s part of a large, extended Mexican family which may – or may not – be the source of inspiration for some of her characters. You can visit with Sabrina on her website at www.sabrinasol.com or on her blog at www.theromancechica.com.

4 comments:

  1. Sabrina -- Sometimes I like music, but most of the time I prefer absolute quiet. Maybe because I don't get it too often when the family's around! I enjoyed reading some of your inspiration(s) and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louisa! And I can totally relate to the need for quiet sometimes ;-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for hosting me today on the blog! I especially enjoyed writing this post..and yes I wrote it to music!

    And I'd love to know if music helps you feel more creative..whether you write or not. Comment below to be entered into the Blog Tour giveaway. For more dates and info visit me at www.theromancechica.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a soundtrack for all of my longer stories. Clarity by Zedd ft. Foxes is the song I'm listening to the most right now. Words just seem to suit the story, and it's music I like. All the best!

    ReplyDelete