Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Friday, January 25, 2013

Angel + Human = Reluctant Hero, Zeke Reece of NOBODY’S ANGEL


Before we begin, I’d like to thank Lia and Books Amour for giving me the chance to talk about NOBODY’S ANGEL, my latest release from Carina Press, and the first book in The Earth Angels paranormal romance series!

Angels are so…angelic.  Perfect.  Obedient.  I love reading about angels.  I just have a teeny problem relating to them.  Because, y’know, I’m not perfect. *cough*VastUnderstatment*cough*

NOBODY’S ANGEL reflects both my love for angelic lore and the warm-and-fuzzy affection I have for us messed-up, unashamedly flawed human beings.  The hero, Zeke Reece, is a member of the legendary angel-human hybrid race, the Nephilim.  But thousands of years have passed since his progenitor, an angel of death, stopped by the human world to, er, plant the family tree.  With countless generations between then and now, Zeke considers himself to be just about as human as you can get.  Except for the wings.  And the ability to manipulate shadows to render himself virtually invisible.  And the soulfire that springs from his hands that allows him to pass spirits from this world to the next.

But other than that, he’s just a normal guy.

But he’s not like any normal guy in existence, and no matter how much he might yearn for it to be otherwise, deep down he knows it.  Even if it weren’t for the wings and other angelic traits floating in his DNA, Zeke has an obsession no full-blooded human could possibly have—when the shadows are at their darkest, he’s poised to bring the hammer down on anything that goes bump in the night and protect the innocent from harm.  Since the ancient Nephilim were all but exterminated by the Great Flood, he figures the same thing could happen to him.  So he keeps his head down, does his job and doesn’t rock the boat in the hope of avoiding another heaven-sent smite.

Sounds like a great plan, but all too soon that boat gets rocked in a big way.  A malevolent spirit shows up to unleash chaos on an unsuspecting city—a spirit that acts unlike any other.  With this bizarre threat targeting journalist Kendall Glynn, Zeke enters into a dangerous game of hide-and-seek with an enemy that’s not what it seems, and with a woman who’s getting too close to uncovering his ultimate secret.  Worse yet, part of him wants to let her.

What Zeke wouldn’t give to be just a normal guy.

Do you prefer a stroke of humanity you can relate to in your paranormal heroes?  Or do you like a hero that follows along the lines of “the more otherworldly, the better”?  Feel free to let me know in the comments below. ^_^



Nobody’s Angel 
by Stacy Gail

BLURB:

Book one in The Earth Angels

 Investigative journalist Kendall Glynn is horrified when a friend and colleague signs off permanently during a live newscast, jabbing a pen into his jugular. Kendall's no expert, but judging by the strange white veil in the anchorman's eyes, she would swear he was a man possessed.

A descendant of the accursed Nephilim, Zeke Reece prowls San Francisco by night, keeping the city free from paranormal phenomena. But even he is no match for whatever malevolent force is behind a recent rash of murder-suicides. And when a beautiful tenacious reporter becomes the next target, Zeke has no choice but to stay close to her, until he can find the evil spirit and cross it over.

The closer Kendall gets to the truth, the more danger she's in. Fortunately, a sexy and mysterious masked stranger keeps swooping in to the rescue. Kendall's life depends on finding who or what is responsible for the killings, before it finds her.



Excerpt:


“I can’t believe it…”

“There was so much blood.”

“What happened?”

Fragments of conversation hit Kendall Glynn from all sides, but the words were no more than an irrelevant buzzing in her brain. She was just as oblivious to the emergency vehicles scattered outside San Francisco’s top-rated KPOW TV station. Some of her colleagues were crying, while others spoke to police. The sea of people behind the yellow crime-scene tape all looked the same—eager spectators hoping for a glimpse of more blood, more madness.

She’d had enough of both to last a lifetime.

“Miss? Have you been treated?”

Kendall’s zombielike shuffling halted at the deep melodic voice close to her, and she turned to discover an EMT had appeared at her side. For a long moment she stared at him while his words slipped across the frozen surface of her mind without leaving a mark.

“I’m not hurt.” Her voice came from far off, unrecognizable and rough around the edges. Which made sense. The last time she’d used it had been to scream.

And scream.

And scream.

“You might not be hurt, but you are in shock.” Somehow she was moving again, heading for the back of an empty ambulance. It wasn’t until he helped her into it that she realized he’d pulled her along like a lost two-year-old. “I’m going to check you out, okay?”

“This blood, it’s not mine.” Amazing, how calm she sounded.



AUTHOR Bio and Links:

A competitive figure skater from the age of eight, Stacy Gail began writing stories in between events to pass the time. By the age of fourteen, she told her parents she was either going to be a figure skating coach who was also a published romance writer, or a romance writer who was also a skating pro. Now with a day job of playing on the ice with her students, and writing everything from steampunk to cyberpunk, contemporary to paranormal at night, both dreams have come true.

Contact Information:

stacygail1@gmail.com



BUY LINKS FOR NOBODY’S ANGEL:







GIVEAWAY!

Stacy will be awarding a $25 Amazon GC for the grand prize; and second prize is a Zazzle mug with cover art on front, plus a Starbucks Via coffee pack (US only) to two randomly drawn commenters during the tour





24 comments:

  1. Will Zeke feature in other books of your?

    galaschick78 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gala! Yup, Zeke and Kendall definitely pop up again. I just finished the 4th and final book for The Earth Angels, and every main character who appeared in the previous books are present in the final book (which probably explains why it took so long to write :P)

      Delete
  2. Well "other than that" - I did laugh.

    I do like a touch of humanity in my supernatural beings. Easier to relate to I think.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Score, I made you laugh! :D And I feel the same way--I need that strong sense of humanity in super-powered characters, both as a reader and a writer. At the risk of sounding like I can't tell fantasy from reality, it just makes them more real to me. ;)

      Delete
  3. Good excerpt, thank you.

    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendall is holding up better then I would, blood and me don't mix well.

    lennascloud(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you and me both. I think that's why this scene freaks me out so much. I would have been one hot hysterical mess if I'd seen what she'd witnessed. *shudder*

      Thanks for reading, Lena! :)

      Delete
  5. Will Zeke feature in other books of your?

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie --

      We get a glimpse of Zeke and Kendall via a web chat in the third book, WOUNDED ANGEL, and in the final book every main character is involved in solving the problem in some way. Ensemble books, FTW! ^_^

      Delete
  6. Oh I loved the excerpt. I definitely prefer a bit of humanity in my paranormal heroes. It makes them easier to relate to and you know, in my mind, think I can maybe some day have one in my life. The rational part of my brain obviously tells me it isn't possible though, darn it!

    Best wishes,
    Marlena
    charmedpoms(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Marlena, I think we might be twins separated at birth! Adding a touch of humanity to any supernatural being, and in my mind it's immediately more believable. :)

      Thanks for dropping by, Twin! :D

      Delete
  7. Hi Stacy,
    how are the other books coming along?
    I love the whole Nephilim context, it reminds me a bit of the Black Dagger Brotherhood books, where the heroes are also have a cursed existence untill they meet their women.

    shadowrunner1987(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zeke sounds really perfect. I like that little bit of humanity in him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great excerpt, Kendall seems to have a bad day, where is her angel hero?

    emiliana25(at)web(dot)de

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zeke is not a full Nephilim or is he?


    moonsurfer123 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch, poor Kendall!

    lyra.lucky7 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the excerpt and I LOVE Angels too!!
    I will be looking for more of your books Stacy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great read! I will have to add it to my wishlist! Thanks!
    -Amber
    goodblinknpark(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. No preference. Like both kinds of heroes.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a really good read. I'd be screaming:). Thanks for the review.
    Michelle Tucker
    michelletucker at baconnation dot net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cover. As for my heroes, I've read both and liked them both, however, I think it is important to have a touch of humanity. Humanizing the "villian" part of the hero helps us to relate and accept. But, most of us do like a bad boy LOL

    evanlea at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry for the late post. I’m playing catch-up here so I’m just popping in to say HI and sorry I missed visiting with you on party day! Hope you all had a good time!

    kareninnc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete