Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Interview with Krista Ames

Welcome Krista Ames! Please start off by telling us a little about yourself.

Hi there J  thanks so much for having me…well I’m an author of course, with a couple different houses now.   I’m also a wife and now a stay-at-home mom of 4 ranging in age from 6 to 13.  They are all in school so that’s part of what makes the stay-at-home part awesome lol.  It gives me a good amount of time to get my household stuff done.  The laundry for 6 people is horrendous.  Then normally in between loads of clothes or dishes, I sit at my computer typing away.  I also work for Still Moments Publishing as review coordinator/promotions assistant so never a dull moment!!!

Is Take Me Home, Cowboy a single title, or part of a series?

It is a single title but part of a series at the same time, the Western Escape series with Decadent Publishing.  My story is a stand-alone based in the series town but I actually am in the process of writing a second book that will involve these current characters and a few new ones J

What were your inspirations for the story? 
I’m not sure that I really had a specific inspiration for this particular story.  I just LOVE cowboys and romance.  One day I just had an idea pop into my head and I went with it. 


Please share your setting for Take Me Home, Cowboy.  Have you ever lived or visited there? If so, what did you like most?   

Well my book Take Me Home, Cowboy is part of the Western Escape series from Decadent Publishing and is set in the fictional town of Freewill Wyoming.  The town of Freewill has been modeled off of the actual town of Rawlins, Wyoming.  My specific story mainly takes place on the Kincaid ranch just outside of Freewill.     I have never been to Rawlins but I am so in love with this town that I’ve been bugging my husband to make a trip there come summertime. 

When did the writing bug first bite? Hmmm, I would have to say I started dabbling in writing down my story thoughts  about 6 or 7 years ago but I was working full time at that time so it wasn’t my full focus until about 3 or 4 years ago when I had a sit down computer job and had free time on the side. 

Who are you favorite authors, book/series?   Oh boy, I have so so so many….The first few that come to mind are Lora Leigh and the Nauti series.  Linda Lael Miller and all her McKettrick, Creed and Stone Creek cowboy stories.  Diana Palmer also has a lot of awesome cowboy books and I even have an over-abundance of Debbie Macomber and Nora Roberts on my paperback shelf.  My dad is a huge Harlequin reader so after he’s done I inherit those paperbacks as well.  In the last year or two I’ve met so many new authors that my TBR pile is overflowing.    Right now my kindle I have a great author friend, Marissa Dobson’s Tiger Time ready to read.

What is your most favorite childhood memory?

 That’s a tough one for me because I loved my childhood.  I remember so many things.  My parents divorced when I was super young but all the way up through high school, there isn’t a bad memory in the bunch.  I lived with my mom who I adore to this day but went to my dad’s every weekend.  He was a motor cycle rider so we went on a lot of trips together and we square danced in a club for years.  Mom worked a lot but I don’t really remember the times when she wasn’t there with me.  I’m over 40 now but other than my hubby and my teenage daughter, my mom is my best friend !

Do you have any hobbies or special things you like to do in your spear time?

Reading is the first to pop up.  I do as much as I can as often as I can.  However with 4 kids, the time is limited because I also try to get as much writing in as possible.  Now when it comes to needing to relax, my special thing is a quite hot bubble bath in a locked bathroom lol. 

Boxers, brief or commando?  Hehehe…. Commando !!!

Favorite eye color?  
Blue ( my hubby and kids colors)  Hazel is my own color.

What's the strangest thing you've heard or seen?  

When you have kids, that’s a pretty wide span of strange.  This is a funny story though …. I’ve made it no secret that my hubby and I met online…after many months of email chats that progressed to texting then to phone calls all while I lived in Florida and he in Michigan.  Once I moved back to Indiana from Florida, we planned a spot halfway to meet for the very first time.  I had my kids and he had his so it wasn’t some hotel trist lol.  Anyway, we were sitting talking after all our kids hit the hay and he asked if I’d ever heard of dog jaw.  I hadn’t a clue what he was talking about and thought oh boy what the heck is this guy talking about?  He proceeded to put his hand toward the back of his jaw area saying he’d had the condition for a long time but you couldn’t just see it by looking, you had to feel along his jaw line.  Ok, weird?  Totally!  Anyway, I was head over heals and wanted to know anything and everything I could about him so I carefully placed my hand along his jaw and he turned quicker than I could process and started barking and chomping his teeth at my hand like a rabid bull dog.  Scared the daylights right outta me and I swore I jumped ten feet off that bed lol.  We still laugh about that to this day J


Take Me Home Cowboy
A Western Escape story

Ally Kincaid returns to Freewill, Wyoming, to see her father after a two year absence. Anticipating a quiet family reunion, she finds herself butting heads with her father’s foreman instead. The man’s arrogance and sexy drawl push all her buttons, making her wonder what he’s hiding beneath his cowboy swagger.

Matt Gentry walked away from the past and shies from the future. No ties means no one gets hurt…until the boss’s daughter, a hot, green-eyed blonde, tempts him to break his own rules.

When tragedy strikes, will building tension and pride destroy their growing attraction or show them the way home?





“I need to buy that man an answering machine.” Furious, Ally held the receiver away from her ear, eyes closed as the phone on the other end rang continuously. “Come on, Daddy, where are you?”

She was ready to hang up in frustration when the receiver was picked up and then—by the sound of the loud clanging on the other end—dropped.

“Circle K,” said the deep male voice rather breathlessly.

“Where in the world were you?”

“Excuse me?” the husky voice asked.

Oh crap, that’s definitely not Daddy. She’d been so surprised her call had finally been answered, she hadn’t realized there was nothing familiar about the voice at the end of the line “I’m sorry….” she cracked. Wow, where did that high-pitched squeak come from? “I’m sorry, who is this?”

“This is the Circle K Ranch. Who’s this?”

The man’s question held an impressive sexy drawl. Definitely not a voice she’d ever heard in New York City, and one she’d only be lucky enough to find in her dreams.

“I’d like to speak to Jesse Kincaid, please.” She did a mental inventory of all the ranch hands but couldn’t place the voice. And he obviously didn’t recognize hers either. Must be somebody new her father had hired since the last time she’d been there.

“Sorry, ma’am, he’s not here. What can I do for ya?”

“When will he be available, please?”

“Now, ma’am, I don’t guess I’m at liberty to say until I know exactly who it is I’m speaking at.”

God, men could be so arrogant. Why did he need to know who was calling? A simple answer would suffice.

“Not that it’s any of your business, but this is Ally Kincaid. Who exactly are you?”

“Well, well, isn’t this a nice surprise? Miss Ally Kincaid. Did your father know you’d be calling?

She gritted her teeth in frustration. Who does this cocky, know-it-all cowboy think he is? 

Where to find Krista: 

facebook:  author-krista-ames
twitter:  @kristaames

No comments:

Post a Comment