Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Interview and Giveaway with Jessica Aspen


Welcome Jessica! Please start off by telling us a little about yourself.
Thanks for having me on Books Amour, Lia. I’m a member of Romance Writers of America, and Colorado Romance Writers. I live near Boulder, Colorado and love to go hiking in the foothills. I write spicy paranormal books about hot alpha males and shapeshifters. Currently I’m twisting fairy tales, but I also like paranormal suspense and have a few of those that I’m working on and maybe in the future my fae series will make it to the published world.

Is Little Red Riding Wolf a single title, or part of a series?
Little Red Riding Wolf  is part of the Twisted Tales: Come Into the Woods series of novellas available from Passion in Print Press. is the first book about Red. Red is a rebellious female werewolf who know she should stay away from humans, but is tempted into a fling with the new forest ranger, Evan. Not only is she breaking pack taboo by fooling around with Evan, but he is also in danger of exposing the existence of werewolves to the rest of the world, and Red must decide between her loyalty to her pack or her new lover. The next book Snow and the Seventh Wolf  is the story about her human hating brother Seth, and his accidental fall for a human. And I’m working on the third right now about more star-crossed wolves, this time with bears.

What were your inspirations for the story?
I love twisting Fairy Tales, so this is a modern twist with Red being the wolf. I originally wrote it for a contest in 2009. Then expanded it and upped the heat level for the Passionate Ink’s 2011 Stroke of Midnight contest, where I was very excited to see it final. Not only are fairy tales part of my inspiration, but this book in particular addresses the fact that there are no wolves in Colorado. They were hunted to extinction by the settlers. The second book, Snow and the Seventh Wolf, takes place in Wyoming where wolf re-introduction is still a complicated issue.

Please share your setting for Little Red Riding Wolf. Have you ever lived or visited there? If so, what did you like most?   
All of these books are set in the west, where I live. Little Red Riding Wolf is set in the fictional town of Radon, Colorado. Radon is the type of town you can drive through in a few minutes, where everyone knows each other and strangers like Evan stick out like a sore thumb. It’s made even more complicated by the fact that Evan is human and has no idea that the entire town is populated by human hating werewolves.

When did the writing bug first bite?
I’ve always dabbled in writing, but it wasn’t until 2008, when I decided I absolutely had to finish writing a book. That’s when I joined RWA and CRW and got serious.

Who are you favorite authors, book/series?
This is always so tough for me. I love so many authors. I recently discovered Thea Harrison, and I think she is my new favorite author. I’ve only read one of hers, but I’m looking forward to reading the rest.
What is your most favorite childhood memory?
I love the beach. Some of my favorite moments have been spent at my grandmother’s house on the white beaches of Florida finding shells and digging for sand crabs. Maybe sometime I’ll set a story there, in the waves.
Do you have any hobbies or special things you like to do in your spare time?
I like to hike, bake, and garden. But now most of that has been abandoned in search of writing time. I still make time to walk and work out, and I’m trying to make time for everything else, but it’s tough. I’m still working part of the year, and of course there are those family obligations. I used to read more, but now I write, write, write.
Boxers, brief or commando?
Commando always seems uncomfortable to me, unless it’s a kilt. Then it has to be commando. (wink, wink) Otherwise I’m a boxers gal. Or maybe those combo things, yes, those do look good in the commercials on those fine male specimens. J

Favorite eye color?
I actually don’t have one. I love all the different eye colors. I think we are so lucky as a species to have an amazing variety of not just colors, but shapes and sizes of eyes. Round, almond, and cat-like, they are fascinating. I did give Red golden eyes. I’ve only seen a few people with truly gold eyes, but once you see them, you don’t forget them.



Come into the woods with Little Red Riding Wolf, Jessica Aspen’s spicy paranormal from Passion in Print Press. What if Little Red Riding Hood was a werewolf and a sexy forest ranger wandered into her woods?

Fraternizing with humans is taboo, but when feisty werewolf Red runs into hunky new forest ranger Evan Brewster, she jumps on the opportunity to let loose her desires. Evan is stoked when he meets the petite red haired hottie, and combined with his new discovery of wolves in Colorado, thinks his career and life are made. Then Red pushes him away, her hostile brother threatens his life, and things begin to spiral out of control. Caught between her sexy lover and her pack can Red trust Evan with her secrets, or must she sacrifice her human lover and her heart?

Available from All Romance, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble.
Catch it on sale today at Passion in Print Press.

And don’t forget to look for Snow and the Seventh Wolf, by Jessica Aspen. Available at Passion in Print Press January 15th, 2013



~~ About the Author ~~


Jessica Aspen writes paranormal romance near the foothills of the Colorado Rockies. Her books are full of elves, were-wolves and sexy men who walk on the dark side of the knife. She loves dark chocolate, walking the dog, hiking and is obsessed with her new lap-top. Jessica is also obsessed with writing and learning about writing. She is a member of RWA, CRW, FF&P and PRO. You can find 


~~ GIVEAWAY ~~

Jessica will be giving away an eCopy of Little Red Riding Wolf to one lucky commenter. Please be sure to include your email address in your comments. 

14 comments:

  1. Your stories sound awesome Jessica....definitely will be on my TBR list! Thank you for sharing some insight about yourself and your writing in this interview and thank you to Lia for hosting the event!!

    ksroma@hotmail.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kazza,

    I love writing the were-fairy tales, they're fun. (Although Snow and the Seventh Wolf that comes out in January is a little darker than Little Red Riding Wolf.) I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing some insight about yourself and your writing in this interview and thank you to Lia for hosting the event!!

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laurie. And thanks Lia for having me on here today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love twisted fairy tales. Remember "Fractured Fairy Tales"? Sounds like a great book. Great interview, ladies.

    dmburton72 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That reminds me of the series, Fairy Tale Theater. I loved those. I remember Robin Williams as the Frog Prince. Shelley Duvall was terrific! I hope you enjoy my modern twists just as much as those. :)

      Delete
  6. Changing the tides on a classic fairy tale... love it! I look forward to seeing where you go with this twist.
    Thanks for the giveaway.
    kitcat76(at)hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My books are less traditional than some other twists. Modern setting and werewolves helped change the stories. But I've always loved a good story taken to a different place. I believe twisting them stays true to the origin of verbal tales told by the fireside, where each speaker adds their own twist until the final story spins of a new tale. Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the guest post, Jessica. You just keep writing up a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for having me here Lia and I'm so excited I decided to give everyone who left an address an e-copy of Little Red Riding Wolf. Thank you everyone and don't forget Lia will be on my blog on Thursday and this Friday is the Holiday Gifts of Love Bloghop! Lots of fun prizes there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice interview.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed the interview, Jessica. Who is Thea Harrison? Did you gasp? Hope tons of readers sit down with your book over the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I all the time used to read article in news papers but now as I am a user of net
    so from now I am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web.
    Feel free to surf my blog discount

    ReplyDelete