Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Guest Post and Giveaway with Cutter Phoenix


You Bit me for Christmas?
by Cutter Phoenix

Happy Holidays to everyone at Books Amour and to all their lovely readers and visitors! Earlier this month I was a guest here at BA and I enjoyed myself so much I asked if I could be a guest again. Thanks so much for having me back!

So what am I going to chat about? Vampires. Yep, vampires during Christmastime. What? You think that just because it’s the Holiday Season the vampires, werewolves, and other shifters take a break? No way. Trust me, there are trees in secluded homes decorated with glittery fangs and sparkly claws nestled in red garland and icicles draped on the pine branches.

Tristan is the first hero in Fangs for Christmas, and hero two is Justice, who vanished seven years ago on Christmas Eve. So what does Tristan get as a present? Well, the title tells all, lol.

What would you do if you found out your significant other was a vampire and h/she wanted to give you a pair of fangs for your gift? Would you accept it?

“Come here, darlin’. I want to give you something.”

“Oh?” you reply. “What is it?”

“First a kiss.”

“Ow! What the hell was that for?”

[Insert gasping noises as you struggle for breath, followed by profound darkness]

Later, you wake up so thirsty that you eye the family dog with glee—and it ain’t Christmas glee, honey! Quick, hide the kids! Sorry, I tend to have dark, warped sense of humor, lol.

I don’t know if I’d want to be a vampire. The legends fascinate me to no end, but I wouldn’t want to be the kind of bloodsucker that turns evil and grows into a hideous, demonic-looking thing. Seriously, it’s tough enough to workout and stay trim, but if you had to transform into an ugly-assed vamp, imagine the fortune you’d have wrapped up in cosmetics and manicures. After all, today’s movies and books paint vampirism as sexy and beautiful. The original legends and early flicks were nothing like that.

In Tristan’s case, he learns there are good and bad vamps, and finds himself plunged into vampire gang wars of epic proportions. Can his love for Justice survive being bitten and the gangs who are after them?

I invite you to find out more about Fangs for Christmas, and I wish everyone a beautiful, prosperous New Year.

Blurb:
Seven years ago on Christmas Eve, Justice, the one person Tristan cared about the most, vanished. Alone for yet another holiday, he rescues a man in an alley only to come face to face with his missing lover.

But something is different about Justice, and before Tristan can stop himself, he welcomes him back into his life. It forces him into the middle of vampire gang wars and he finds himself on the run with Justice. A car chase, a destroyed Christmas tree, and the alleged murder of a spy vamp sends them into the worst blizzard Pennsylvania has endured in years. Can he allow Justice to have his heart, or will he demand Tristan’s life instead?




Giveaway:
Leave me a thoughtful comment about vampires or about my new release Fangs for Christmas and you’ll be entered to win a lovely, signed print of the cover.



About the Author

An author of dark, erotic romance, Cutter Phoenix writes heterosexual and m/m romances and occasionally erotica. Readers will discover that Cutter enjoys penning different subgenres of romance, but whether the story is paranormal or contemporary, each book is laced with dark, romantic themes and layered with noir humor.

Besides writing, Cutter loves horses, enjoys the solitude of early mornings, paints, and reads just about anything. She also writes as Amber Redd, Azura Ice, F.L. Bicknell, and Kiyara Benoiti.

Fans can reach Cutter here by posting a comment anywhere on http://cutterphoenix.wordpress.com or by sending an email to cutterphoenix@hotmail.com.

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on the book! I like vampire books.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vampires were my first foray into the paranormal and I have loved them ever since. Congrats on the release of the new book.
    This sounds like such an interesting book I have added it to my tbr list.

    Gabrielle
    meingee@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you both stopped by to visit me today! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the book! I like vampire books.

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'd definitely accept fangs for Christmas. I've had my kids, they are all young adults. My body is starting to seriously show signs of wear and tear, and I'm over 50. I'd take immortality at this point, so I'd know I would be around to see my kids happily married and raising their own kids. I bake cookies and pies and usually don't eat them...so I could continue to do that. And I've always been a night person...I detest early mornings. I think I'd make a great vampire. As long as I could have my husband with me as one also, and we could still have sex (none of the eunuch-vampires that Anne Rice writes!) Yes, give me fangs for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Sounds like a new way of life for you, Fionoa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH I so love what Fiona wrote. I too feel the same way she does about immortality at my age. I hit 50 in a few months. I would love to be able to watch my grand babies grow up and marry. My only child married on the 20th of Oct.
    It was a Traditional Native American wedding. It was very beautiful and so yes I would take fangs for Christmas.

    Congratulations on the new book! I wish you much success with the new book. Happy New Year!

    Teresa K.
    tcwgrlup41(at)yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, the wedding sounds wonderful! And thank you for the good wishes, Teresa!

    I think my hubby would accept a pair of fangs, too, lol. He turned 50 this past August and said it seems like he's falling apart now. Poor guy has just put in too many years doing really hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading and writing about vamps and other paranormals. Loved the teaser. Pamela Pelaam-one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to Teresa! Her name was picked as the winner of the signed cover print!

    ReplyDelete