Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Monday, December 3, 2012

Gay Werewolves, Vampires and Aliens—Tis the Season for M/M!

Written by Azura Ice

Yes, you read that correctly. How’s that for an interesting Christmas-themed topic? {grins} The title for my guest blog involves m/m romance and the Holiday Season. But first, a little writing info.

Some of you may know me as F.L. Bicknell, but I also write m/m romance as Azura Ice, Amber Redd and Cutter Phoenix. Toward the last part of this past summer, I wrapped up a sci-fi m/m romance and then decided—on the spur of the moment—to write some holiday-themed novellas. Honestly I’m not one for Christmas, preferring the atmosphere and expectation of New Year’s over all the holidays, but I thought since it had literally been years since I’d written a holiday story I’d go ahead and give it a shot. Well, it just so happens I cranked out not one more manuscript during a two-week period but three.

Yeah, I really did. You would think it would’ve been my fingers that hurt after all that word count, but it wasn’t. My eyes suffered for it and my forearms and elbows ached something fierce.

Dreamspinner Press is a fabulous publisher to write for, so since I already have two titles there, I decided to pound out a New Year’s story as book two of my Stone Trail Series. This is where the werewolves come in. Book one, Chasing the Mailman, takes place after the first of the year, so book two, When I’m Gone, begins that following winter just after Christmas and progresses into 2013. Werewolves and all the various legends and spins on lycanthropy fascinate me to no end, so I created a small mountain town called Stone Trail where magical wolves war with evil werewolves. And yes, the main characters are in same-sex relationships or they’re pursuing a potential partner of the same sex.

So where do the vampires come in? Vamps are another paranormal creature that intrigues me. Until now I’ve never written any kind of romance about vampires. I’ve had bit parts for them in my books, but they were never main characters. Finally, I decided to write one about bloodsuckers. Fangs for Christmas is written under my nom de plume, Cutter Phoenix. Under that name I write m/m and some bi-sexual material exclusively for Freya’s Bower. The thing about Fangs for Christmas is that it launches a series of holiday novellas. Each one will have the same two main characters, Justice and Tristan, who, after Justice vanishes one Christmas Eve, find themselves reunited in a most unexpected manner and thrust into vampire “gang” wars. Each novella about my two handsome men will revolve around a holiday. Right now I’m not sure what holiday will feature next, but the cool thing about this series is that if I miss a celebrated day I can always write one about it later. I’m thinking St. Patrick’s Day may be the second book, but I’m still debating.

And I don’t want to forget Sacrifices, my summer ms, which is book two of the Sky Streamer Series published with Decadent Publishing. This one doesn’t involve werewolves or vampires, but it does have two hunky aliens, Miln and Oshki, from Planet Azutu, who find themselves rebuilding future Earth. However, to do so, they must go back into the Old West to catch a fiend and keep him from spreading the Bone Eater virus. There’s only one problem, Miln is several years older than his partner, Oshki. Is it a case of mistaking lust for love?


Oh, so you’re not a fan of werewolves, vampires or aliens? Not to worry. If you’re a reader of pure contemporary m/m romances, I have one of those for you, too. My Christmas m/m romance Wrapped Around Your Handlebars will be released from Silver Publishing. And, if you’re a lover of motorcycles, this novella will take you on a road trip from Florida City to Louisville, Kentucky. The main character, Oak, leaves his home in Key West to give his ex life partner time to pack up and clear out after their breakup. However, on his way north, Oak discovers someone special who shows him there’s hope for his broken family.

So when do each of these titles become available? They’re listed below and one you can even pre-order right now.

Happy Holidays to all!

When I’m Gone – Dreamspinner Press, December 12th http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3442
(remember to look for Chasing the Mailman, book one)

Fangs for Christmas – www.FreyasBower.com – Release date pending

Wrapped Around Your Handlebars – Silver Publishing, December 18th https://spsilverpublishing.com/product_book_info/coming-soon-c-2/products_id/1337/

Some of my links:

Azura Ice writes several subgenres of romance, which includes but is not limited to het, ménage, m/m and can be set in contemporary times or even in a far away world or another dimension. Azura's muse leads her by the hand, and her fingers do the light-speed typing.

Who is Azura Ice? She's a full-time author who is owned by three crazy felines of tabby descent (although they swear they're of Egyptian lineage). Azura writes in an attic study that overlooks a beautiful valley, and enjoys her husband's company when he's permitted to enter her domain. However, if he brings offerings of coffee and an occasional chocolaty treat, she's inclined to let him in her office more often.

Azura takes her writing seriously, so she doesn't hang out on group loops (she tries to avoid shiny object syndrome), but if you'd like to contact her, interview her, etc., you can reach her at Azura.Ice@live.com, visit her at http://ablueice.wordpress.com, or you can visit her other pen name sites at www.FaithBicknell.com and www.MollyDiamond.com.



~~ GIVEAWAY ~~

Anyone who leaves a question or a sincere comment will be entered to win a $5 gift certificate from Freya's Bower. One winner will be chosen. Be sure to leave your email address in your comment.

18 comments:

  1. I loved the book Chasing the Mailman so I look forward to reading book 2. The covers of the books are beautiful! Do you design your own?
    Yvette
    yratpatrol@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am putting both books on my TBR list. They sound very interesting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yvette! Thank you so MUCH for reading and commenting! I had to take the youngest dau to the doctor today and then run errands like getting my driver's license renewed (my bday today, what fun, not! LOL) and other errands, so I didn't get back until late.

    To answer your question, no I don't do my own covers, but if I had access and the know-how for something like Photoshop I'd definitely learn how!

    I'm so pleased you enjoyed Chasing the Mailman. There's been some controversy over that title, but you know what they say about controversy--it sells books, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Controversy or not I loved it! Hope your youngest is better and Happy Birthday :-)
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Faith.....you are amazing, but I knew that when we were growing up and I was reading your shorts stories. You just keep getting better with age :).

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Yvette!

    Aw, Vicki...bless your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Pat! Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Faith! You truly are a busy woman. I want to know how you keep all of those pen names straight.

    All the best with your upcoming releases!
    Jess

    jessicasubject.writer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice covers. I like werewolves and vampires.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like so very good read there. Count me in...

    Christopher
    christopherinwonderland@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessica, to answer your question, I write as Cutter Phoenix exclusively for Freya's Bower, and as of last month I write as Kiyara Benoiti for SirenBookstrand only. I write as Amber Redd for only Dreamspinner. So writing under various names for only one publisher per name works well. However, I do write as F.L. Bicknell Azura, and Molly for whatever the mood strikes, but I don't know how much longer I'll keep the Molly name. I haven't written anything under if for a year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey Faith, congrats on your new releases kiddo. I luvs the title Fangs for Christmas. Cannot wait to read the book. You did a wonderful blog here.
    Uh, i like to ask questions on writing. So how long did it take you to write Fangs For Christmas and how did you get the idea?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning, Jerry!

    The first rough draft of Fangs for Christmas took me about a week. I then revised a couple times, so from start to finish, I had it submitted in a month and a contract about three days later.

    Thanks for stopping by, Jerry. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your honesty about your various pen names is refreshing. Used to be, authors would write "racy" stuff under a different name. Not so true today. But most don't come out and say "I am all of these authors!" Your prolificacy requires more than one name, for sure!

    brendurbanist at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your posting title is eye-catching. I'm interested in stories with all of these types, i.e., werewolves, vampires and aliens. What is the Bone Eater virus? Is it literally what it states, like the flesh eating bacteria, but with bones? Did you choose the titles for your books? Good titles and covers.

    strive4bst(At) yahoo(Dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lot of books...and I wnat to read them ALL. Keep up the good work, but try not to hurt yourself. :) chellebee66(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Urb! Originally I started using pen names because I live in the upper end of the Bible Belt, but I finally decided that I just didn't care what people in my home area think of me, so I'm open about the names I write under now.

    Strive4bst, thanks for stopping by! To answer your question, the Bone Eater virus is named after the people who contracted the disease from a gov experiment gone awry. They transform into these creatures that thrive on the bones of survivors or each other if they can't find survivors; however, they will eat anything. In the series a cure is developed but it's really tough on the "patient" to transform back into human form. And yes, I chose the titles. Sacrifices is book 2 of the Sky Streamer series published with Decadent Publishing who has amazing cover artists.

    Michelle--LOL! I tend to burn a lot of calories when I write like that. My fuel tank is always running low, so snacks of sandwiches, grapes, etc., are always a must when I get in the writing zone. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to Christopher Hammel! Your name was drawn for the gift certificate!

    Also, a hearty thank you goes out to everyone who visited, read and commented on my guest post!

    ReplyDelete