Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Character Interview: Meet Cheyenne and Jacob from The Secret Santa Wishing Well by Nikki Lynn Barrett


Lia: Please tell us about you: job, hobbies, special talents, and anything else you would want to share.

JACOB: Thank you for having us here today! This is our first time meeting a large audience.  *Glances at Cheyenne, smiling warmly* How are you doing, sweetheart?

CHEYENNE: I'm fine, Jacob.  Smiles* I'm enjoying the time out for a bit. 

JACOB: She's such a wonderful mom. Always feels guilty when she's away from the kids.  As for a bit about me? I'm a bit ordinary, slightly on the geek side. I work with computers,  Hobbies? I enjoy sports. Watching them, anyway. I don't really get out and play, though I've been going with Ben to play some T-Ball, since he's shown an interest. He's better than I am already!

CHEYENNE: * Giggles * It's so fun to watch them play. Jacob gets so...intense. Ben loves it!

JACOB: I do no such thing. * slides a glance at Cheyenne, but ends up smiling * All right, so she has a point. I've never been the sporty type. But it's a blast to get out there and bond more with Ben.

CHEYENNE: * speaking softly * He's wonderful with the kids. Ben and Desiree.

JACOB: * Takes Cheyenne's hand and kisses it * I love you. Tell them about yourself, honey.

CHEYENNE: * blushing * There's really not much to say. I'm a mother of two wonderful kids. In fact, if it weren't for Ben...I wouldn't be here right now with Jacob.  I work as a manager of a small general store in Prescott. Jacob has been suggesting I finish college since I had to drop out after...Well, after some situations in life kept me from continuing. I'm so happy he's supporting me on this, because not finishing has been a regret. Now I have that opportunity.

JACOB: She won't ever admit it, but her talent is being Super Mom. No, really, Cheyenne is amazing. I'm so thankful to have her in my life.

CHEYENNE: Oh, Jacob. * Smiles *


Lia: Where did you grow up?

CHEYENNE: I was born and raised in Prescott Arizona. I've only done minimal traveling.  But I love Prescott. It's so peaceful.

JACOB: I think I have some ideas for our honeymoon, then. * Grins slyly*  I was born in Pittsburg, and I've done a lot of traveling.  I've called Prescott my home for the past ten years now, when my family moved there and we've not strayed far since.



Lia: Tell us about the first time you met. 

CHEYENNE and JACOB look at each other with a knowing grin.  “Ben”  *They both say. And laugh.

CHEYENNE: My son met Jacob at the mall, where Jacob was Santa. Ben got lost and found Jacob, and Ben made a wish. He begged me to go back so he could make it again. I didn't know what to think of Jacob at first, of course, I couldn't see him through his Santa beard. But he was the nicest ever to Ben and Desiree. That's so important to me.

JACOB: I thought Cheyenne was hot from the moment I met her. She dazzled me instantly.  I'm so glad for Ben's persistence to come back.  I couldn't stop thinking about the kids or Cheyenne from the moment I met them.


Lia: What drew you to each other?  

JACOB: Cheyenne's strength. They didn't have much, were struggling, but her strength always came through. I think that's why Ben had such a grown up attitude. No matter what the situation, Cheyenne was calm and always put the kids first.

CHEYENNE: * Smiling at Jacob * I was amazed at how he took my kids under his wing and it was never for a second fake. He truly had compassion for them, and that blew me away.  He's been through so much of his own, but Jacob was always there for us.



Lia: What is your favorite part of each other? 

JACOB: Favorite? I have to pick a favorite? There's...everything! What don't I love about this woman?  Okay, if I have to pick favorite...She is sexy...her bedroom eyes...she's a tigress. * Jacob grins *

CHEYENNE * Gasps * Jacob! * She swats at him playfully, while turning red *  I love his generosity. His desire to help and do for people as much as he can.  And, he's not half bad himself in that department * Winks *

JACOB: * Scowling * Not...half bad? Now wait a minute, honey....that's not what you said just a few hours ago....

CHEYENNE: * Mouth agape * Will you stop that?  * Shakes head * Don't mind him. He's gotten a little...feisty today. * Laughs *

JACOB: I'll show you feisty later....



Lia: Favorite childhood memory.

JACOB: * looks sad * Holiday decorating with my sister. If anyone had a strong Christmas spirit, it was Ada. I miss her. The festive way she did everything just made the season so much brighter.  Even as a child, she took on the home made decorating and made sure there was plenty for neighbors if they wanted some.

CHEYENNE: * kisses Jacob's hand*  My cousins and I used to go ice skating. It was awkward for me at first, but they helped me. I skated in a competition once, and won second place. I still have the trophy, but it's stored in my closet.

JACOB: I would love to see you skate. I didn't know that. We should proudly display the trophy.

CHEYENNE: I never had the space to put it up. 

JACOB: I'll find all the space you want for all of your accomplishments and more. I want you to have everything your heart desires.

CHEYENNE: I already do. I have the kids, and you. What more do I need?




Lia: Favorite vacation spot.

JACOB: I haven't taken a vacation in forever. My family and I used to live to go to Disneyland and the beach.  You're never to old for Disneyland.

CHEYENNE: I can't recall the last vacation I went on, either. Dad was so busy with work growing up that we rarely went on vacation. In fact, Mom and Dad went on their own a few times. That never bothered me. I didn't mind not traveling. I'd love for the kids to be able to see more of the world, though.

JACOB *Grins *



Lia: Favorite eye color?

 * Jacob and Cheyenne exchange a look, and smile*

 CHEYENNE:  Blue. If you haven't seen Ben or Desiree's eyes....oh! Here, here's a picture! *  Cheyenne pulls out a wallet size photo and shows it off. *



Lia: Care to share future plans?

CHEYENNE: We're planning a wedding! I'm going to be a Christmas bride. Only fitting as we met and fell in love during the holidays.

JACOB: And babies. Lots more of them. I want to fill the house full of them.

CHEYENNE:  * eyes wide * Lots? We've discussed this....no armies of children. Another one or two... * Wags her finger *

JACOB: * Shrugs * I've got my ways of persuasion.

CHEYENNE: I appreciate you letting us stop by. It's been great!

JACOB: Yes, I agree. I thank you, too. My fiancee and I have a few other plans this afternoon before we relieve our friend and baby sitter



The Secret Santa Wishing Well 
by Nikki Lynn Barrett 
Published by: Nikki Lynn Barrett 
Contemporary holiday romance
Length: about 55,000 words/184 print pages.

Blurb
The magic of Christmas has been lost to Jacob Winston. At the suggestion of his ill sister, Jacob takes a job as a Secret Santa at the mall, hoping to restore his Christmas spirit. Even that doesn't seem to work, until a special little boy ambles up to make a very special wish...
Cheyenne Jensen is struggling to raise her two kids without the help of her ex-husband who refuses to acknowledge his daughter's existence and doesn't provide for the son he does. This Christmas is shaping up to be as heartbreaking as the last, until her son Ben's kind actions lead a stranger to them.
Ah, but it's Christmas time and the magic has begun.
When Jacob and Cheyenne meet, neither can deny their immediate attraction to one another. As situations arise that require they spend more time together, their feelings grow stronger and stronger.
With Christmas fast approaching, the pair learn what matters most in life. Now, if only they could ditch the ghost of Christmases past.
Maybe this holiday will bring some wishes come true- for everyone after all.

~~ Excerpt ~~

It didn't take long for her to come back. Jacob moved to the living room, standing and waiting. When he saw her coming, he closed the gap between them. Before he could could think twice, he touched her shoulder gently, wanting to thank her for the evening.


But instead of talking, he leaned in and kissed her. Just a light kiss. Gentle. Friendly.
Until she responded. She had her arms around him, pulling him for another kiss. Deeper. Sweeter. She tasted so sweet. Her need made him swell. He could do this all night. Jacob pressed her against the wall, their kisses deepening with urgency. He ran his fingers through her fine hair. Hers wrapped around. his neck, rubbing lightly.
Jacob pulled back abruptly. “Cheyenne," he ground out. “We have to stop.” Before I lose it. He didn't want to stop. He never expected her to reciprocate like this. Wow. Maybe it wasn't one sided after all. Jacob sighed.
That halted everything. She pulled away, looking at him with wide, beautiful eyes. “I'm sorry. I pushed. You must think I'm a fool. I thought, when you kissed me...” Cheyenne attempted to move out of Jacob's embrace. Oh, damn. She thought he didn't want her. He did, oh, how he did.
“No, no. Honey, that's not it at all. Kissing you was magical. Amazing. But we just met. I don't want to take things too far. But I would love to see you again.” He pushed back loose strands of her hair that hung over her face when she'd moved. She looked so vulnerable. Was she going to cry? Oh hell, he wouldn't be able to handle it if she did. The last thing he wanted was for her to be upset with him.
“I'd like that, too. It was a wonderful, amazing day, and I have you to thank for it.” She nearly whispered the words, choking up on the last part. “God, I'm a mess. I'm sorry. There's been so much going on, and my signals are going crazy at the moment.”
Yours aren't the only one, Jacob thought. He pulled his cell phone from his pocket, typing in her name in the contacts and handing it to her. “Can I have your number?”
She laughed. “Of course.” Her fingers brushed his as she took the phone from him, tapping in her number. She handed it back to him. Electric shocks of awareness zipped through him. His gaze lingered on her, knowing he needed to get the hell out of here before he lost it completely.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you for letting Cheyenne and Jacob come by....I see Jacob is having fun embarrassing Cheyenne...Oh, these are the things that happen when characters run wild. :)

    ReplyDelete