Hi! I have put the blog on a temporary hiatus due to life stuff. However, I will be revamping the blog and hope to reopen it early 2014. Please watch our Facebook page for updates and for open scheduling.

Help wanted:

I am looking for reviewers and a blog admin to assist with scheduling and posting. If you are interested please email me at booksamour@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by and your patience.
Lia

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Character Interview with Sha and Connor from Breaking the Nexus

I'm excited to have the hero and heroine from Breaking The Nexus by Lindsay Avalon with me today. 

Hi Sha and Connor! Please tell us about you: job, hobbies, special talents, and anything else you would want to share.

S: Hi and thanks for having us! I’ll get this party started. My name is Sha Phoenix and I’m a Mythrian Sentinel. Think of Sentinels as protectors of the people in the Mythria as well as the Nexus that separates the two realms. Special talents? I’m a Sorceri who can work with both fire and water magic, so I guess you’d say those are special talents. My hobbies include kicking ass, keeping people on their toes, and reading everything I can about the Human Realm. That’s about it for me, I think.

C: You left out finding trouble when you were naming your hobbies, Sha. I’m Detective Connor Flynn of the Denver PD Homicide Division. I have a talent for cracking difficult cases and somehow managing to keep up with Sha. My other job is to keep her from landing herself into too much trouble, though it’s fast becoming a full time occupation. For hobbies, I enjoy hiking in the mountains, going out for a beer with my partner, Ian, and relaxing in the peace and quiet around my house. Of course since I met Sha, there hasn’t been much peace and quiet.

S: Hey, I just make things more interesting that way!

Where did you grow up?
S: I grew up in Fire Falls, Mythria. Gorgeous place that a bit secluded and surrounded by waterfalls (go figure right?). I like it better than the bustling cities. So much noise and chaos there.

C: Funny, I’d think noise and chaos would suit you quite well. I was born and raised in Highlands Ranch, which sits between Colorado Springs and Denver.

Tell us about the first time you met.
S: Ah, the memory of waking up in a pool of blood in the middle of a crime scene. Nothing like being suspected of murder to start a relationship off on the right foot.

C: Yep, my first time meeting her I was half-convinced she was either insane or strung out on drugs. Not exactly love at first sight, but there was certainly something compelling about her, especially after I knew she couldn’t be the killer.

S: Hmm, yes I’d imagine falling for a brutal murderer would make it difficult to explain to your mom and dad. Anyway, long story short, when I came through the Nexus I landed in the most inconvenient place ever: right in the middle of a crime scene. Lucky for me, Connor was called in and was smart enough to realize I’d have to be the dumbest criminal alive to kill someone, then meekly sit in the blood waiting to be caught.

What drew you to each other?
C. It was hard not to notice the blue streaks in her hair and how short she is. I was drawn in by her attitude and her brains too. I love puzzles and Sha is pretty much a living, breathing puzzle.

S. Hmph, I’m not short, everyone else is just excessively tall. I’ll take it as a complement that you consider me a puzzle. I was drawn to his intelligence and the fact that he didn’t have me committed when I told him about Mythria.

What is your favorite part of (her/him/each other)?
S: Definitely his personality. Not only is he fun and great to talk to, Connor manages to pull off having an alpha personality without making an ass out of himself.

C: Thanks…I think. I’m going to go with her personality as well. She has a sharp wit and even sharper tongue that keeps things interesting.

Care to share future plans?

C: Just the usual. Solving bizarre ritualistic murders, saving the world, stopping mass death and destruction as the Nexus breaks down, defeating ancient evil bent on destroying the humans. Nothing too exciting. Oh and somehow making a relationship work in the midst of all of this.

S: Couldn’t have put it better myself!




Throughout history, myths and legends of extraordinary creatures have been told and retold. Fantastic tales of demons and banshees, gryphons and dragons, and of course, magic. Stories that every child grows to learn are nothing more than fantasy…or are they?

Beyond the world you see lies a hidden realm, the Mythrian Realm, inhabited by all of the creatures you’ve been told are mere fiction. Only one thing lies between humans and the truth: the Nexus. A magical barrier erected millennia ago to separate the two realms, it has stood the test of time. Until now.

For Mythrian Sha Phoenix, magic is nothing new. But when she stumbles upon a portal on the verge of collapse, her fate will forever change. Pulled through the portal into the Human Realm, she lands in the middle of Detective Connor Flynn’s brutal murder scene. Soon it is obvious someone is using blood magic to try to bring down the Nexus. Together, Connor and Sha must work to unravel the secrets before the barrier falls and the realms collide.

The Nexus is breaking and all hell is about to unleash…literally.



~~ About the Author ~~

I am a wife, a mother to an adorable mini schnauzer, a programmer, and now an author. I love reading romance because no matter what may be happening in my life, I can always count on my books to end happily ever after. The day I met my husband was the day I truly began believing in happily ever after. After hearing me complain a few too many times that I had “nothing” to read despite the hundreds of paperbacks scattered around the house, my husband began suggesting I write my own stories. When I finally took his advice I discovered that although I enjoy my day job as a software engineer, my true calling is to be an author.

My sister drilled into me an appreciation for fantasy and mythology, something I try to bring to my books. My debut novel, Breaking the Nexus started as a book written for NaNoWriMo and has grown to so much more. It was the conduit that introduced me to a fantastic group of independent authors who have changed my life in unimaginable ways.

When I’m not writing, I’ve found a passion for blogging and interviewing fellow authors. I also love reading (of course!), baking, crochet, sewing sock monkeys, playing video games, and all sorts of random crafts. I have an incurable love of rubber duckies and stuffed animals, and I believe nobody should have to grow up if they don’t want.

No comments:

Post a Comment